Creative Affirmations and Gratitude - Loose Mixed Media Art on my Dresser

Mixed Media, personal treasures, gratitude, affirmation, rituals, special moments, seashells, charms, turquoise bracelet, seaglass heart, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
The lid of the box on my dresser gives me a moment each day for gratitude and positive affirmations - ©CindyRippe2013
My friend, Kelly, gave me this box a few months ago for my birthday.  It's wrapped with paper that looks like it's layered with a collage of vintage cards, butterflies, birds, flowers and more.  She thought I'd like it as it represents both of us.  We both have a love for nature and mixed media art.  She's more into the butterflies than I am but that is a nice way to remember her.  I put it on my dresser and filled it with those "every day" things like lotion, a little makeup, a pair of earrings, etc. 

One day, as I closed the lid, I laid the little seashells that I use for my Creative Affirmations (I made a list one time at the beach and saved the shells to remind me). The shells looked like they belonged with the rest of the collage and it became a ritual to say the affirmations as I took them off the box and carefully lined them up again when I closed the lid.  Over the last few months I've added other treasures that have special meaning in my life.  The items on the top of the box change once in a while but have become a part of the "loose mixed media" design that I interact with each day. 

It takes about a minute to remove and replace the pieces which gives me that moment to pause with Gratitude and think Creatively through positive thoughts and Affirmations. It's funny...on busy days that I don't have time to make the bed or clean up the mess in the rest of the house I somehow find the time to make sure all those little treasures are placed carefully.  It's become my little moment of peace.  I think, as time goes by, that the objects will change, the box may be different, but I think I'll continue with this special moment somehow.

The items that are currently on the box: The sea-glass heart reminds me that love is fragile and beautiful.  I am truly blessed to have love in my life through my Faith, Family and Friends.  The cross is another representation of my Faith and the silver heart (which I made myself) kind of ties everything together.  The bracelet was made for me by my friend and cousin, Cindy W.  The beads remind me of the abundance in my life and sometimes make me think of a list of people that have surrounded me and supported me through many tough times. Sometimes it makes me stop for a moment and pray for those in need to be blessed. The bracelet is now too big for me to wear which makes me thankful that I've been able to lose some weight and yet have a long way to go. The artist palette charm reminds me of my love for creating beautiful things and sharing my gifts with others. 

Are there beautiful rituals in your life?  Take a moment to see if you can find beauty and meaning in the little treasures that surround you.

“… for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.”  Matthew 12:34


5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! I just love this - think I'm going to give it a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I could inspire you today. Thanks for stopping by Cyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, Cindy. Love this idea...I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Love that verse too... so true...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Theresa and Cherish. I'd love to see what you come up with. I greatly appreciate your visit and lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...