Intro to Watercolors - Flora's Art Adventure

Flora's Friday Art Adventures - Jan 10, 2014, What Color is Love?, CindyRippe.blogspot.com, Intro to Watercolors, Cindy Rippe, Family Art Projects
Samantha and Flora learn to mix watercolors ©CindyRippe2014
We celebrated Samantha's birthday last night.  She's a budding artist and wants to use "real" art supplies now.  I don't get to see this part of our family very often so last night was a special treat for me.  Flora came along for the fun too!  We gave Samantha a set of watercolors for her birthday present and I brought the rest of the supplies for the kids to play with.

Flora's Friday Art Adventures - Jan 10, 2014, CindyRippe.blogspot.com, Intro to Watercolors, Cindy Rippe, Family Art Projects
Nolan, Samantha, Cash and Flora mix watercolors and we have a great time! ©CindyRippe2014
During our Art Time I told them all about Flora, how to use watercolors; along with the reason for the special palette, brushes, papers and mixing the colors to make new ones.  They are all so smart!  They shared their own insights and things they've already learned with me.  We had several discussions about pigments and how crayons have pigment in a wax base, oil pastels are pigment in an oil base, watercolors are water based, etc.  They already have a basic understanding of the color wheel but were eager to learn more.  I can't wait to have more mini art lessons with them and hope to continue with the rest of my nieces and nephews, and of course my granddaughter, Bella, very soon through the magic of the internet.  We have been crafting together since they were babies but now that they are growing up we're ready to move on to "real" art!

I've been playing with watercolors again in my sketchbook and Drawing Devotions project and this was a way for me to share my inspiration with them.  I had a wonderful time and we imagined that Flora did too!

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...