Winter Snow - Blessings and Exhaustion

Garden in Winter, Garden Shed, Birdhouse with snow, Aristotle quote about Nature, Cindy Rippe, Florals-Family-Faith
Snow on the Garden Shed - photo ©CindyRippe2014 - quote by Aristotle
Last night I was in awe as I watched the snow fall in the back yard at midnight.  I knew it would lead to work today, and boy oh boy, was I right!  After 3 hours of shoveling out cars and clearing paths for two houses we decided to shop for groceries too!  You know how it goes, "while we are out we might as well do it"....

As we pulled up to the front of the house we realized that we needed to start all over again because the snow just hasn't stopped yet.  We did the work, then I dealt with all the wet clothes while Lee put groceries away and both grumbled about being exhausted.

By the time I made it from the front of the house to the back door with the clothes my mood changed in an instant.  There I was again ... marveling at the beauty just outside my own back door!  I love how the snow is piled high on the bird feeder and twig wreath.  It's even hanging on to the edge of the little trowels that we used to make the door handles.  So.. right now I'm feeling blessed with this pretty view of my garden shed, and lucky to be inside our cozy little house drying out those boots and coats.

In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.  Aristotle

2 comments:

  1. I think I see Flora hiding under the snow...are those her legs or arms sticking out to the right of the birdhouse? I'm sending help :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! No her sweater is at the cleaners so she's in the studio selecting colors for my journal/planner pages today. Thanks for stopping by Kelly.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...